Thursday, March 01, 2012

George rolls over

It's so fun to see how my children differ. It's so easy to compare their milestones, sizes, and personalities but every once in a while something reminds me that they are just as unique as they are similar. Charlie rolled over when he was 3 months old, so I've been watching to see when it would happen for George. He has been close for several weeks. He's strong and seemed to have most of the coordination needed to do it. I think what he was lacking was the opportunity! Between a very active older brother, more time spent running errands, and lots of hardwood floor, he doesn't spend *that* much time just hanging out on the floor, especially to how much Charlie did at his age.


The other week I was over at Aunt Kate's house helping her organize in preparation for Baby Jude's arrival. George was pleasantly hanging out on the carpet beside us as we went through boxes. As we were watching him, he pulled his little legs to his chest, tipped to the side and then started to straighten out his legs. Kate and I both noticed that he was so close to rolling over and then he just did it! It was so fun to have a witness to his accomplishment. I got a little bit of it on my phone's camera, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!