Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer of craziness

I think I will always look back on this summer as the one I almost lost my mind. Here's what's been keeping me so BUSY! (It feels good to write it down so I can realize how much we're actually doing and why I need to go to bed by 9 pm every night!)

-Visitors! My parents and now Catherine, Richard and Elizabeth are here visiting. Lots of fun, sharing of only two cars, babysitting each others' toddlers, talking, juggling nap schedules, eating, laughing and PROJECTS (my parents have totally re-done the whole garden, including taking out a huge tree by themselves and a gigantic row of hedges!) And did I mention we have SIX PEOPLE sharing TWO CARS?!!

-New house! So exciting and fun, but a long list of projects and endless appointments (furnace repair, appliance delivery, carpet cleaning, etc.) I feel like every free moment I have should be spent packing. Every free moment John has is spent building stuff (this week- a pedestal for our washer and dryer), moving, loading and unloading stuff into our new house.

-Spending quality time with my darling Charlie before my attention is divided forever, with my beloved in-laws before they move to Boise, with my family while they are here for the summer, with my niece and nephew while they're out of school, and with dear friends both new (we are being welcomed SO WARMLY into our new neighborhood!) and old (we are going to miss our friendships in this ward a lot!)

-Pregnancy stuff including doctors' appointments, ultrasounds, doulas, chiropractor and childbirth classes. Bambino no. 2 has a health issue that we're monitoring (we won't know until after birth if it's minor or not), my blood pressure is borderline high and needs to be checked every week, and we're trying for a natural birth which takes a lot of practice and preparation! And just add to that the exhaustion of the third trimester and you can imagine how productive I am!

-My ten-year high school reunion! I'm the co-chair of the committee and the reunion is on Aug. 13th. (If you went to high school with me, please buy your tickets!) I'm so lucky to have a great committee who is working so hard to help make this reunion happen!

How's your summer going?

1 comment:

  1. Barb! You are a busy little bee! Your life sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!