Saturday, July 16, 2011

Independence Day 2011

We started off the celebrations on the Saturday before the holiday with a backyard pool party at Grandma T's house. The grown ups hung out in the shade while James and Charlie played in the pool and squirted each other.

Then, after a yummy dinner we moved the driveway for some fireworks provided by Uncle Dave. Both Charlie and James were enthralled by the "rockets".

Uncle Dave, our fireworksman

I love the expression on Charlie's face- it's priceless!

Uncle Mark, Aunt Chelsea and James are all watching a firework while John is helping Charlie- that's his "I'm scared" pose.

I don't know what Mark is saying here but I love this expression!

Then on the actual 4th, we headed to our new neighborhood for their annual breakfast and kiddie parade.

Our friend, Hadley, was the impromptu parade leader in another neighbor's vintage truck

Our family portrait snapped by my mom along the parade route.

Charlie had a great time once we bribed him with some candy to stay in the wagon.

Then that evening, we headed to our friends' home for their annual party. They always have delicious food catered by Red Iguana, tons of little kids and giant bounce houses and inflatable water slides. Charlie found the little slide into the kiddie pool more his speed. He was entertained for a long time!

My parents have a giant flag that they hang over the garage on Independence Day. I had John take my picture in front of it- this is my first (and maybe only) belly shot of this pregnancy. I'm 31 weeks here.

3 comments:

  1. I can't help it but I think that patriotic pregnancy picture is a hoot! You are great Babs. Fun time and cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Love pregger bellies!!! Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the belly shot in front of the flag. Fun times! I hope things are going well, you're down to the last couple months, hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!