Sunday, November 28, 2010

Felix, I mean, Phoenix



I surprised John with tickets to one of his favorite bands, Phoenix, in September. The show was incredible despite being at the worst venue in Salt Lake- the tritely named "In the Venue. Ugh, I hate that place. The place was packed and we spent a lot of the show on our tiptoes just so we could see more. But they sounded great and played a tight, fast-paced show with all of our favorite songs.

It was really fun to hear the crowd singing along, especially to the song, Lisztomania. Funny story: I thought for sure the words were "like a rhino" and John was adamant that it was "like a ride-oh." Turns out we were both wrong and the lyrics are actually, "Think less but see it grow like a riot, like a riot, oh." Whoopsies. I still prefer to sing "rhino" because it's more fun.



Another funny story: my 6-year-old nephew, Sam, was over at my house earlier that day and wanted to stay for dinner. I told him he couldn't that night because John and I were going on a date to see a band called "Phoenix". He couldn't remember the name and kept calling them Felix. Now anytime I have to go somewhere and it's time for Sam to go home, he asks, "Are you going to Felix again?" Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!