Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Charlie- 18 months

I can't believe that Charlie is 18 months old! It seems like such a grown up and tiny age simultaneously.

Here's some notes and photos about Charlie at 18 months (Sept. 25th).

Charlie loves this little bus (he actually has two). He likes to put all of his other small trucks in it and push it around. One day I found him using as a little seat, too. Smart little problem solver.

Getting Charlie to show us his "muscles" (a trick we learned from cousin James)

Helping Grandma Bev water the flowers


Charlie loves to drive his trucks on the couch, on my legs, and on other people's heads (unfortunately, poor Elizabeth was the recipient of that one day)

Mama's little helper

Sharing a caramel apple

Watching Barney on my laptop with Lily

Charlie was dying to share my soda from Top Stop, but I knew what he was really after was the cup and straw so I refilled it with water and let him go for it!


He's becoming the master of impossible situations- he usually will yell for help and I'll find something like this


We pulled out a few of the baby things for baby Elizabeth while she's been in town and Charlie thinks that they're really fun to sit in.



Chelsea found this little table and chairs set and graciously gave it to Charlie. He LOVES it. Even though he's still a little too short for the chair, he'll still sit there happily. He especially loves sitting there with Sam or Lily or James.






He's talking so much more every day. He's much more willing to try to repeat words when I ask him to as well as just surprising me by saying a word perfectly (to this mother's ears) and in context. He's been saying Grandma or Grandpa when we start driving down John's parents' street towards their house. He understands simple instructions and will mostly do carry them out. He'll get his shoes and my shoes when it's time to go outside. He'll put toys away in the box when I ask him to. If a door is shut, he knows to knock on it to get someone to open it.

The other day I we were trying to get out the door but I couldn't find my keys. I was talking to myself and Charlie and said, "As soon as I find the keys then we can go bye bye. Charlie, where are the keys?" To my utter amazement, he said, "There they are!" (in his baby speak but with just the right inflection) and pointed to the stairs where he had thrown the keys over the baby gate!

He's even busted out a few two-word sentences, my favorites of which is "Bye, Dad!" every morning as we drop John off at work and "Nigh-nigh, Moon" every night before bed. (He loves to look for the moon- even during the day!)

Saying goodnight to the moon with Daddy



He's signing more and more, with some of his signs surprising me! He's added thank you, please, hat, help, and milk.

He loves to tell me what each animal says and for now, we haven't run out of animals that have easily identifiable sounds. (Cat, dog, monkey, fish, horse, elephant, cow, sheep, bunny, pig, bird, (What will I do when he asks me what a giraffe says? Or a hedgehog? Google help me.)

He gets so excited to see Sam, Lily or James (his favorite playmates and cousins) that he runs up to them and squeezes them hard and gives head butt "hugs". Sam and Lily can usually handle this rough affection but poor James is just Charlie's height and he usually gets a "hug" right to the face. We'll have to work on showing our love softly!


We love our "little man"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!