Friday, August 31, 2007

Top eleven pop culture vamps

Again, Andrea
posted about a topic that I found myself wanted to comment on to the extent that I realized I should post about it! (I'm always stealing her ideas!) But after I wrote this list on Andrea's blog, I thought I could flesh it out and put it here.

1-"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (the series)
Great heroic and noble vampires (Angel, then Spike); great action; GREAT dialogue; man, I love this show
2- Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse
I love how Stephenie Meyer took a totally familiar thing and changed it to make it cooler!! (Vampires that glitter in the sun? Excellent!!)
3-Underworld
Kate Beckinsale was badass and the bad guys were scary
4-"The Vampyre" by John Polidori
Written at the same time and place and for the same competition as Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein"
5-"Interview with a Vampire"
So scary and so great- plus Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt (hellooooo!!)
6-"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (the movie)
"Excuse much, rude or anything?"
"Take a chill lesson"
"Get out of my facial"
Valley girl meets vampire- brilliant!!!
7-Bram Stoker's "Dracula"
Haven't seen it or read it all the way through, but a good and scary rendering of the classic tale
8-Transylvania 6-5000
Geena Davis plays a cheesy and overtly sexy vampire and this whole movie is campy and funny!
9-the Count from Sesame Street
"One red car, ah, ah, ah, two red cars, ah, ah, ah..."
10-Count Chocula cereal
Yummy
11- "Once Bitten" with Jim Carrey
Also very campy but funny- it was Jim Carrey's first movie!

2 comments:

  1. Who do you want Bella to hook up with.... Jacob or Edward? I have to admit I'm leaning towards Jacob! You gotta love a werewolf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm torn! I love Jacob, too! But after the third book, I'm starting to lean more toward Edward...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!