Sunday, August 31, 2014

Baby Bonnie, three weeks old

This is a dreamy, happy, cuddly, sweet baby. She has brought a peaceful joy into our home. We all love "Baby Sister" quite a lot.

-Everyone still calls her Baby Sister or Sister almost all the time. John and I call her Bonnie and Rosie (and Sweet Girl and Peanut). George likes to tell everyone her name is Bonnie. If you ask Charlie what her name is, he says with an impish grin, "Elsa" (from the extremely popular Disney movie Frozen.)

-She's given a couple of purposeful smiles already and I can't wait until that smile comes to stay! It's such a joy when babies start smiling at you! I'm pretty sure she has dimples, which is my personal favorite.

-She sleeps so SO well. I hope it sticks around when she's outgrown this sleepy newborn phase. At night, she usually sleeps from 10 pm to 7 am, nursing once or twice during the night. She likes to suck on her hands and we are experimenting with different levels of swaddling to help her sleep the best (one arm out? just one hand out? both hands in, but loosely swaddled? tightly swaddled? You'd think I'd have figured this out by my third kid, but no.)

-We have been a LOT of places, considering she's just a newborn. Part of it is that my recovery has gone so well and I have felt physically great! Part of it is that it's the last few days of summer and we want to be out and having fun! And a huge part of it is that the kids and I do much better when we get out of the house. I'm trying to be really careful of germs and people and also not overtire myself, but it's a hard balance to strike.

-She has already had two mild fevers (99 degrees). It makes me so sad! But such is the life with two older brothers. The first week of her life, Charlie had strep and a fever of 103!

-People comment on all her dark hair, how big and healthy she is, her elusive dimples, and how she looks like her brothers!

-She's pretty good with the pacifier and we are working on the bottle. I'm determined that she will be my one that gets it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!