Tuesday, March 12, 2013

December BFFs

While Catherine and her kids were in town, we felt so lucky to get to play with them several times a week. By the end of their visit, Charlie and Elizabeth were pretty sweet pals. 


We had a few random pieces of lumber in the backyard waiting to become a sandbox someday. I set up a balance beam course for them and they loved walking along and jumping off it. I love little kids, they are so pleased by simple things.


 I also really love the difference between boys and girls. It is so innate and evident. It cracks me up. Look at Charlie- red rain boots that he wears everywhere, rain or shine, versus Elizabeth- patent leather red mary-janes and her dress up tutu.










 Another day Catherine and I went wogging (walk-jogging) around Sugarhouse park. Cat was a gem and would switch off pushing my much heavier stroller full of kids up the hills. But Charlie didn't like that she was pushing it instead of me, so we had to be sneaky. On a related note, I covet Cat's super nice stroller.


We played at the playground afterward and I let Che run up ahead. I love those gorgeous big clouds!


Another day, I had to run an errand for doTERRA in Highland, Utah. I packed up my kids and volunteered to take Elizabeth with me to give Cat a break (she was doing kid duty on her own for 2 months!) It was a long afternoon in the car, but they were really pretty good for me. That DVD player helps a lot in times like this. 


This is my favorite picture- Charlie and Elizabeth snuggling up together on the couch sharing a blanket. 



1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!