Monday, March 25, 2013

Charlie is 4!


Wow, my little one, that went so fast. You were a tiny newborn, then a chubby baby, then a funny toddler, and determined 3 year old, and now you are 4! FOUR! That is such a big boy age. You aren't babyish hardly at all anymore, which makes my mama heart ache and soar at the same time.

You can do so much- you are climbing trees and jumping ropes and saying things like, "I got it, Mom," or "Go help George, Mom," or "Put Georgie asleep, Mom."

You are quick to make friends and wanting Georgie to grow up a little more so you guys can play. Several times a day I hear you call, "Come and get me, George!"

You are coming into your own so beautifully and in your own perfect timetable. Some days I wonder about the mystery that is you, but most of the time I am content to just be along for the ride. I am so blessed by you in my life. I am so lucky to be your mom. You have taught me, stretched me, and made me into the person I am now. Thank you for being my buddy. The other day you told me that I'm your best friend and I feel the same way, my darling one. You are my best friend, my big boy, my Char Char.

Happy birthday, beautiful boy.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Charlie! Where did the last 4 years go? We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, that did go fast. Happy birthday, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Charlie! And beautifully written momma. I may have shed a few tears as I read it. :)
    I can't believe Sawyer will be four in September! They grow up sooo fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!