Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mother's and Father's days

John and I decided that we'd buy each other a new barbecue for each other for Mother's and Father's days. Halfway between the holidays we found one we liked and we've gotten so much use out of it already. Now onto the family celebrations!

We enjoyed a lovely outdoor dinner at Grandma and Grandpa T's newly remodeled backyard for Mother's Day. My boys gave me the lovely gift of sitting still and eating during dinner. :)
















On Father's Day we celebrated with my family. By then, Catherine and Richard and their kids had arrived for the summer (hip, hip, hooray!) so we gathered for a big family dinner at my parents' house to recognize the dads (but especially Grandpa). The holiday happened to fall on Elizabeth's 2nd birthday, so we celebrated that, too. My parents' home is being remodeled so we crammed around the big kitchen table in the small mother-in-law apartment. It was a tight squeeze (especially with three babies in high chairs) but we made it work.









Love having these special guys in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I'd have to agree that one of the best gifts is to have them sit still for dinner! And how fun to have all of your family together too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!