Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had a pretty low-key holiday this year- Charlie wasn't feeling very well and George was totally oblivious. We went to our ward party which was fabulous but crazy. There are so many little kids in our ward and they were running around crazy in the gym. I don't mind that one bit, except that it meant that Charlie wanted to run around with them. He's not really to the point where I can just turn him loose without being right next to him. John was on the committee in charge of the event, so I was essentially flying solo trying to corral a sick (but wild) Charlie with one arm and hold George in the other arm. Thankfully, a very sweet newlywed saw my predicament and offered to hold George. I took her up on it and she held him for over an hour! Thank you, Kamber!

The night of Halloween I didn't think we'd go out because Charlie was still under the weather. We answered the door for a few trick-or-treaters (including some of our new neighbors who we met for the first time). Charlie loved answering the door- he asked everyone to come in and said, "Hi, I'm Charlie!" to all the kids. After seeing him so excited about it, we went out for about an hour to a few houses on our street and in our ward. It was so fun to be out among our neighbors and to see so many little kids! That's something that definitely drew us to this neighborhood. 

My mom showed up at my house one day with boxes of her Halloween decorations and decked the Halloween halls for me. It was nice to have a few festive things up because decorating definitely didn't make it onto my to-do list this year. 

The Decorations






Skeleton tee and skeleton jammies

my little Scarecrow

the Scarecrow and the Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin

trick-or-treating


1 comment:

  1. I love picturing Charlie greeting all the trick-or-treaters with a jolly "hello" and "I'm Charlie." So polite. It's nice that the newlywed offered to hold George -- it's wonderful how people like that come into our lives at the perfect time and know just exactly what to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!