Monday, March 26, 2007

Johnukkah








We've been busy celebrating Johnukkah. It's a word that is the mixture of John's name and Hanukkah (first created as Jenukkah by my cousin John, for his wife Jen) and it's a weeklong celebration of John's birthday. It's a lot more fun to spread out the celebrations with little events instead of getting the fun over with quickly. John's coworkers gave him a movie pack and surprised him with a birthday cake at the office on his birthday. Then we went to MacCool's for a dinner date and presents. The fun continued with a board game night at the cabin. Finally, a family Sunday dinner with all the birthday traditions (including the really long birthday song and the match trick). John got some great gifts, but the favorite was probably his remote controlled helicopter from Steve and Kerry (and Sam and Lily).

4 comments:

  1. I think I am going to start Lyndsukkah this June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to start Lyndsukkah this June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehem. I beleive I came up with this holiday and started with Richukkah in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have had the same great idea, little sis, but I heard it for the first time from cousin Mark in 2004 and he got it from cousin John before that. But you know what they say- great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!