Monday, December 22, 2014

Bonnie Rose- 4 months old

How did we get so lucky to have such a delightful child? She is our little gem. We love her so.

Her mellow personality is just what we needed.  She is quite attached to me- she goes almost everywhere with me. And she's so easygoing that I happily bring her along! I've taken her to two movies and she slept the whole time through both (in my arms and nursing, but I'll take it! I never did that with Charlie or George). She's also attended doTERRA convention and a weekend doTERRA training, and I'm planning two upcoming trips to California with her along as well.

Because she's almost always with me, I haven't been able to teach her to take a bottle or a pacifier. Which is only a problem when I absolutely have to leave her- like for the recent Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. She did alright while I was gone, but it stressed me out to leave her. She's almost getting too old to be flexible and sleep anywhere, so I anticipate being more home bound for the next few months (except for my doTERRA commitments). I honestly don't mind it- it's a short season of life and I'm so grateful to have her.

She's laughing and smiling at the boys and us so much now. She's so cute and chubby and we all get a big kick out of trying to make her laugh or smile. The boys will sing her songs and play peek a boo and fake sneeze to get that laugh!

She's almost rolled over a couple of times. She doesn't get a lot of chance to practice except in her bed or on my bed. She's hardly ever on the floor just hanging out. Our house has too much hardwood and too many kids. :) I remember that with George, too, but he got it eventually. Charlie rolled over at 3 months- maybe because we lived at my parents and there was carpeting? Who knows?

She loves her hands and sucking on her fingers, fist and occasionally her thumb. It isn't super consistent in a way that makes me think she'll be a thumb sucker for sure. (Although my primary care doctor saw her calm herself down in her car seat with her hands and commented that she was good at self soothing.) It could go either way. I'll take it or leave it- there's definitely pros and cons to both. :)

Her hair is starting to grow in a little bit, although she still has an impressive bald patch on the back of her head. I think I'll miss it when it's gone because it's such a cute, newborn thing about her.

She loves to reach for toys and is getting better about holding onto them. She tries to get her feet in her mouth but isn't quite strong enough yet. She's changing and growing so much every day! It's going too fast!!


I've been sharing these photos of Bonnie's many Christmas outfits on Instagram and my friend Andrea came up with the hashtag #deckthatbonnie . So I've had even more fun dressing her up in her holiday finest to show her off. 


Proof of the finger sucking

The only acceptable version of "Santa Baby"

4 months old! 

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment!