Sunday, April 07, 2013

30!

Way back in November, my darling sister and husband and friend, Andrea, threw me a 30th birthday party. It was so fun to have my friends and family gathered around me to celebrate. My parents graciously offered their home for the party. Cat and Andrea organized my friends to come and all the food and decorations. And Johnny, bless his heart, tended Charlie the whole party because our babysitter bailed last minute. (I called 14 people trying to find a replacement!) This was all the night of our first huge snowfall of the season. Driving conditions were horrible, and half of our neighborhood (including our street) was without power. I was amazed that anyone came at all! 

Me and my Georgie


with Catherine

dear friends, Courtney, Scott and Charlotte made the trek across town for the party

Liz and Kristi did, too (from Bountiful and Murray)

Brooke and Mark, another pair of ward friends (and high school friends) that came out in the snow

Andrea and Liz's daughter, Savannah

I requested doughnuts instead of a birthday cake. Elizabeth seemed to like that decision. 

My dear friend, Caroline, who I used to nanny for. 

Jenni and Joseph

Party planner, Andrea

High school pals- Suzanna (and baby Beck), Liz, me, Andrea

Sue, John, me, Kate, Rick

Richard and baby Mark



It was a lovely time, and many people brought gifts and helped, and I was just thrilled to start my 30th year off with a bang. I welcome 30 wholeheartedly, no sadness about leaving my 20s behind! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!