Monday, January 28, 2013

George- 13 months

I'm so behind on these updates but I just want to get them done! I love looking back on these milestone posts about my kids, not only are they fun, but later when I need to remember something, it's there for me! (Because it's definitely NOT in my memory! That is shot.)

New words/phrases:
-"I did it"
-Da (means dad, mom, grandma, grandpa, and Charlie)
-Hi, Dad (uses this for both mom and dad)
-so good at repeating words and names- he has said Kate, Cat, dog, dude, hot, and tries so hard to say Charlie

Other "tricks":
-Loves to be chased
-blows kisses (but says, "ba!" instead of making a kiss sound)
-just learned to clap
-loves to give high fives and air high fives
-can walk but still crawls half the time
-loves to cuddle up on pillows or blankets and gives wonderful little hugs and cuddles
-Still working on baby signing but he doesn't really make specific signs yet. When he yells for something he wants, I'll ask him to make the sign for please or more or want instead, and he'll wave his arms and smile because in his mind, he's doing it perfectly. :) When he screams for something, I'll tell him no and ask him what he wants. When I guess it correctly, he smiles and does a little short laugh, "Heh".


Playing with big cousin Sam

Who needs a walker toy when you have a doll stroller?

Cruising around in his favorite toy, the little blue car, in mama's favorite outfit, a little blue sweater  (hand knit, vintage from Etsy.com)

He loves to crawl under this table and gets stuck about half the time

He wasn't that bothered by his immunizations (go lavender essential oil! It works like a charm on those little sore thighs). When I got him out of the car, he had relocated his band-aids. :)

He's so curious and handsome

One day, John was working in Salt Lake and after we dropped Charlie at preschool, we went to grab a bagel. It was such a fun date with our Georgie boy. 

Dragging a chair around as a "walker"

Playing with the tiniest toy kitchen I've ever seen. It's so cute and George loves it.
 It's a garage sale find from Grandma Sue. 

I love the boys in matching jammies! (These are their Christmas jammies a little early). And I LOVE it when they'll play nicely together, it is rare!

Another rare moment of playing together peacefully, crammed into our tiny sandbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!