Sunday, May 22, 2011

In the "wee" hours of the morning

I woke up at about 2 am to Charlie crying and crying. I waited to see if he would go back to sleep on his own but he kept crying. So I got him a little drink of milk and headed into the dark nursery to give it to him. He normally just reaches for the milk and stops crying but he was really upset. I reached down to check to see if he'd wet through his diaper and jammies and my hand came into contact with skin! He was totally naked! I turned on the light and saw his fleece jammies totally unzipped, one leg completely out and his diaper off. Poor thing was soaking wet! I got him up and changed his clothes and of course, by then he was more awake and wanted to read some books. Toddlers are so funny.

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy, that is too funny! Lily figured out a while ago how to take the zipper jammies off so we stopped putting them on her. I have yet to have a child take off a diaper in bed, and I hope it never comes to that!

    He is so super cute :)

    www.aprilnewmanphoto.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parenthood is just full of these surprises isn't it? Too funny! You are a good Mommy. Smooch his royal cuteness for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing in the world like having a toddler is there??

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO funny, but exhausting!! haha you never know what they are up too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!