Thursday, April 28, 2011

My littlest buddy

Dear Baby,

We just found out that you are a boy! It's exciting and fun to think about having TWO sons soon and truthfully, a little bit exhausting! Your big brother is full of energy- he doesn't walk anywhere, he runs or jumps his way from room to room- and that gives me a glimpse into my future when I'll have two little active guys.

I love feeling your kicks in my belly. You're my little buddy throughout the day as I chase and play with and take care of Charlie and I think about you being along for the ride. You often kick when we sing songs or read books, I like that you're included on the fun.

I used to feel bad for second children because inevitably their lives aren't documented as much as first children. I have found that to be true for you, little buddy. I haven't taken any pictures of my belly and we didn't even take a videotape to the ultrasound (although that's more about the outdated technology of VHS). I haven't written many journal entries or blog posts for you. I haven't purchased a thing in anticipation of your arrival.

But I no longer feel badly for second children. True, I was probably more giddy with excitement and anticipation while pregnant with Charlie. But now that I actually AM a parent and I know how awesome it is, I am just full of joy that I get to do it again. And I think that makes being pregnant with you even better.

Love you little guy!

Love, Mama

5 comments:

  1. We find out tommorrow!!! Congrats on your SECOND baby BOY!!!!

    That is soooooo awesome! WE can't wait!! Only 13 more hours until we get to see our litte BOY or GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderfully exciting news for your family! Baby boy will be a great addition and no doubt be Charlie's best buddy. Congrats and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You will have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a post a long time ago about how I always felt bad for any kid after the first because it wasn't as "special." But it totally is, its magical, wonderful and fantastic. Wait until you meet him you will feel all the beautiful feelings you did with the Charlie guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!