Monday, January 03, 2011

My first Monday of 2011 was spent...

-Coloring pictures with Charlie for an hour. He loved to pick out the crayons from the box, one by one, then carefully situating them in his coloring hand (he's a righty). Sometimes this took both hands to manage. Then he'd color a little bit then want to pull out the next one. Once he got them all out, I'd put them back in and he would start again.

-Skype-ing with my sister, who is so far away. She wrote a great post for going into the new year, you should check it out.

-Putting all of the frozen goods back into the freezer that after Charlie unloaded it. He knows that Daddy keeps a few snowballs in there for Charlie to have when he gets a bonk and needs a little snowball to eat feel better. After he unloaded all my bags of frozen fruit, vegetables and burritos, he found his snowball and contentedly ate it while sitting on the couch.

-Folding laundry, specifically towels. I prefer to have all white towels so that I can bleach them and dry them on hot without worrying about fading. I love a warm towel out of the dryer.

-And while I was folding towels, I watched Oprah's new network, OWN. I am such a groupie but I really do love Oprah. One of the shows featured Diane Sawyer (whom I didn't know I loved but I do after watching her for an hour) and she said the most incredible thing, "Criticism is just a bad way of making a request. Why don't you just make the request?" Life changing.




1 comment:

  1. I love that Charlie loves to eat snowballs and also that Johnny saves them for him.

    It sounds like I need to check out OWN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!