Monday, May 22, 2006

The bane of human existence: the DMV

I have been trying unsuccessfully) for the past week to change my name. I got married! Wahoo! Great news! Or so I thought. No one else cares that I'm a "newlywed"- that a mere few months ago I was "the Bride". When you are "the Bride" you get some respect! People want to help you and make sure you're happy and throw you parties and buy you presents. But now, as a plebeian again, I am just thrown in with the masses (which by coincidence, all happen to be in line at the same Driver's License Office that I am). I thought it would be romantic to take on my husband's name- a show of my committment. But instead it has been the biggest pain- social security card, driver's license, bank, employer, credit cards, gym, school, church, email, doctor... pretty much anyone I've ever talked to needs to be informed (via official documentation) that I am the person formerly know as (Prince and I have that in common).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!